April 2nd, everyone.
Just a reminder that on April 2, 2012 the 1940 U.S. Census will be available for all to see, free of charge.
Visit their dedicated website to learn how to read and interpret the unique features of this latest Census.
From the website: "On April 2, 2012, NARA will provide access to the images of the 1940 United States Federal Census for the first time. Unlike previous census years, images of the 1940 U.S. Federal Census will be made available as free digital images."
AND, here are a few fun facts they've posted about the population of this new census:
Many of these individuals are part of what has been called the greatest generation.
These are people who:
- Survived the Great Depression
- Fought in the Second World War
- Innovated technology (TV, Microwave)
- Sacrificed in the name of freedom
- Practiced thrift and compassion
- Understood hard work and industry